A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and use the shopping cart.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors we have and to see how those visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name, keep your shopping cart safe and remember your general preferences.
You can find more information about the individual cookies that we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
We currently use Google Analytics to collect statistics from our website to show us how our website is used by visitors.
The data is gathered to create reports and to help us to constantly update our website. All of the cookie information is in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where they arrived from, what page they landed on, any subsequent pages they visited and what page they exited the website from.
Name of cookie (How long does it stay on my machine?):
- __utma (2 years)
- __utmb (30 minutes)
- __utmc (until you close your browser)
- __utmz (6 months)
To find out more about Google Analytics visit: www.google.co.uk/analytics. If you wish to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics on all websites visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
It is essential that our website uses a session cookie for the website to function properly e.g. what page you are on, what product filter choices you have ticked, search results of a search you just made, your chosen sorting method and viewing method of products and search results etc. By this point, the cookie will already have been set on your machine. You may delete and block all cookies from our website but this may cause it to stop working properly.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Name of cookie (How long does it stay on my machine?)
- PHPSESSID (20 minutes or until you close your browser)
- uit (2 years)
- uvc (2 years)
- psc (2 years)
- uid (2 years)
- atuvc (2 years)
- form_key (1 hour)
- guest-view (1 hour)
- persistent_shopping_cart (1 hour)
- stf (1 hour)
- store (1 hour)
- user_allowed_save_cookie (1 hour)
- mage-cache-sessid (1 hour)
- mage-cache-storage (1 hour)
- mage-cache-storage-section-invalidation (1 hour)
- mage-cache-timeout (1 hour)
- section-data-ids (1 hour)
- private_content_version (1 hour)
- x-magento-vary (1 hour)
- mage-translation-file-version (1 hour)
- mage-translation-storage (1 hour)
3rd Party Cookies
For more information about the cookie policies of the social media services that we use, please see: